As my summer low nears it's end and I have to concentrate on working for money again, I would have loved to give my few but steady viewers at least a short little something next weekend. "Pawpet News #2" is well on its way but since I'm now officially unable to transfer the video to my computer anytime before the weekend it might not get finished before October even...
October/November is likely to be a bit lighter on the work schedule part again so I might be able to take care of the technical issues until then and continue the pawpet work... I do feel sorry, especially since I had such a good time making these little clips and now technology lets me down.
Option 1: Send the camcorder in for repairs. Likely result: long wait and high bill. As well as a lot of "you did what?" trying to explain my own repair attempts
Option 2: Buy another (preferably equal) HDV-camcorder. Price: around 1000EUR. Advantages: I would have two cameras and could do "dialog sequences" or other multi-angle shots.
Option 3: Get a mini-DV tape deck. Would fit any other mini-DV camera I might get at a later time and I would not wear out the camera's deck when viwing and capturing. Price: don't ask... I've not seen anything below the 2000EUR mark.
As of now I don't have any other options. Especially since I should not spend more than 500EUR on that.